How to configure L2TP VPN on Linux Ubuntu?
1. First open a terminal and install the necessary LT2P using this command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nm-l2tp/network-manager-l2tp
sudo apt-get install network-manager-l2tp network-manager-l2tp-gnome
2. Then open the network menu, go to "Edit Connections" and press "Add".
3. Select "Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)" and click "Create..."
4. Click the button "IPsec Settings..." and check the line "Enable IPsec tunnel to L2TP host".
5. Enter the required information:
Gateway ID: enter your VPN server's hostname (for example, lt1.eu.vpn.hostens.cloud)
Pre-shared key: Hostens
After filling in, press "OK".
6. Fill in the required information:
Connection name: Give a name to your VPN connection
Gateway: enter your VPN server's hostname (for example, tratata)
User name: Username
Password: Enter the VPN password
Most of the required information can be found in your Client Area. After filling in, press "Save".
7. Go into network menu, select "VPN Connection" and choose the newly created VPN connection.